Create and maintain beautiful locks in any hair type easier, faster, and cleaner with Knotty Boy Natural Dreadlock Care products.
Pure ingredients, simple instructions and limitless customer support. Think Dreadlocks, Think Knotty Boy - the Original Since 1998!
Bare bones step by step:
1) soak your hair in the hottest water you can handle - do NOT use boiling water!
2) scrub your scalp and dreads with the Dreadlock Removal Shampoo - twice
3) rinse very very well
4) squeeze your dreads dry and wrap with a towel - do not blow dry
5) massage in a small amount of removal conditioner on the lock you're working on
6) starting at the bottom, pick out an inch or two, comb smooth, and repeat, all the way to the root
7) repeat until finished
Hair is elastic when wet, and more maneuverable. Put some conditioner in a spray bottle and add just enough warm water to not clog the nozzle. Use this to keep your hair wet during the removal process.
See this tutorial for more detailed info.
Join the Knotty family on Facebook, or sign up for our newsletter to have give-aways and the latest dreadful tips 'n' tricks flown straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to our blog and every once in a while we'll send you info you won't find anywhere else!