Create and maintain beautiful locks in any hair type easier, faster, and cleaner with Knotty Boy Natural Dreadlock Care products.
Pure ingredients, simple instructions and limitless customer support. Think Dreadlocks, Think Knotty Boy - the Original Since 1998!
Regardless of length or hair type, beautiful dreadlocks require attention, care, and love, especially in their first year of development. Letting them come together on their own over time is a perfectly acceptable way to create dreadlocks, however, it simply offers no control over how long it takes them to grow, or what they might look like in the end.
Knotty Boy Dread Wax is an all natural formula that allows more complete control over what the end result will be for your dreads. Short, long, pencil thin or Bob Marley boas, the power to create your dream-locks, literally, is in your hands. Knotty Boy Dread Wax utilizes the properties of pure, earthgrown ingredients to keep new locks looking tidy, while dramatically accelerating the natural locking process. It simply helps make better locks, faster.
In addition, this light, water-resistant formula binds hair together, allowing the scalp and hair to be washed like normal without the risk of losing fragile, new locks, yet naturally breaks down and washes out gradually with every hot, steamy shower when not reapplied.
Knotty Boy Dread Wax is a unique pomade designed with dreadlocks in mind, and is free of parabens, petroleum, anything unnecessary to the dreadlocking process, or harmful to human hair.
Bottom line: Knotty Boy Dread Wax is a non-greasy, non-cakey, strong holding, sweet smellin', easy-to-use jar of joy. Although it is soft enough to easily apply, it's strong enough to bind new dreadlocks together effectively until they are mature and ready to continue developing on their own into the lovely mane of locks you've always dreamed of.
· Break Wax surface with a fingertip., scooping up a pea-sized lump
· Smoosh (no really, that's the technical term :P) the lump between your thumb and forefinger
· Take hold of one lock, and starting about an inch from your scalp, run your wax-smooshed finger and thumb gently down the length of the dread
· Less is more! You can always add a bit more, but it takes a while to wash out, so don't overdo it
· Continue until each lock has a thin stripe of Wax along its length from your thumb and forefinger, basically cleaning the Wax off your fingers with your dreads
· Distribute the Wax around the circumference of your dreads by palm-rolling each one. Use a clip or non-rubber elastic to keep track until they're all done
· Palm roll for the next few days
· Avoid getting freshly waxed locks wet, or allowing them to come into contact with delicate fabrics
· Voila! You're on your way to helping your locks stay neat and tidy.
With the Wax Roll-Up Stick, it's even easier - simply hold a dreadlock in one hand and lightly roll the stick down the length of your dreadlock. Careful! It's really easy to overdo it with the Stick - always use less than you think, this stuff is powerful :)
Ingredients: Beeswax, Castor Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Black Walnut Extract (Dark Wax Only)
INCI Ingredients: Cera Alba, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Juglans Nigra Shell Extract (Dark Wax Only).
All Ingredients are ethically sourced. For a full description of each Ingredient, check out the Knotty Boy Ingredient List.
Join the Knotty family on Facebook, or sign up for our newsletter to have give-aways and the latest dreadful tips 'n' tricks flown straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to our blog and every once in a while we'll send you info you won't find anywhere else!